PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OUTCOMES (PEO)
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has developed and maintained a well-defined set of educational objectives and desired program outcomes. Educational objectives of the program cater to the requirements of the stakeholders such as students, parents, employers, alumni, faculty etc. The program educational objectives are as follows:
- PEO1: Provide graduates with a strong foundation in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to enable them to devise and deliver efficient solutions to challenging problems in Electronics, Communications and allied disciplines.
- PEO2: Impart analytic and thinking skills to develop initiatives and innovative ideas for R&D, Industry and societal requirements.
- PEO3: Provide sound theoretical and practical knowledge of E&C Engineering, managerial and entrepreneurial skills to enable students to contribute to the well being of society with a global outlook.
- PEO4: Inculcate qualities of teamwork as well as social, interpersonal and leadership skills and an ability to adapt to evolving professional environments in the domains of engineering and technology.
- PEO5: Motivate graduates to become good human beings and responsible citizens for the overall welfare of the society.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECCIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- PSO1: Engineering Knowledge and Analysis: Analyze specific engineering problems relevant to Electronics & Communication Engineering by applying the knowledge of basic sciences, engineering mathematics and engineering fundamentals.
- PSO2: System Design with Problem Solving skills: Design electrical, electronics and communication systems containing electrical/electronic devices, software, and hardware using the significant analytical knowledge in Electronics & Communication Engineering and Computer Sciences, and applying modern tools.
- PSO3: Application of the knowledge on society/environment: Apply the contextual knowledge of Electronics and Communication Engineering to assess societal, environmental, health, safety, legal and cultural issues with professional ethics and function effectively as an individual or a leader in a team to manage different projects in multidisciplinary environments as the process of life-long learning.
- PSO4: Successful Career and Entrepreneurship: An understanding of social-awareness & environmental-wisdom along with ethical responsibility to have a successful career and to sustain passion and zeal for real-world applications using optimal resources as an Entrepreneur.