The institute is administered by an Autonomous Society named as “BIPIN TRIPATHI KUMAON INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Dwarahat Society” which is registered under Societies Registration Act. The memorandum of association, society rules, bye-laws and employees conduct rules are duly approved by the Uttarakhand state government. The institute enjoys freedom with regard to internal administration and functioning.
The Administration Section of BTKIT, Dwarahat is headed by Registrar and function under the overall supervision of the Director.
The following functions/duties being performed by the Administration Section
- All Establishment matters pertaining to the teaching and non teaching employees of the Institute.
- Maintenance of their Service Books and Personal Files of all employees.
- Legal cases.
- Disciplinary cases.
- Conducting of meetings of Board of Governors and KEC Society.
- Recruitment of regular, adhoc and contract employees and maintenance of Roster Register.
- Processing of Career Advancement and Assured Career Progression Cases.
- Printing of Advertisements on behalf of the Institute..
- Central Dispatch work.
- Vigilance cases.